Safety and Apparel is a medium sized business located in Hamilton, Christchurch and Auckland. The company is an independent and privately owned business specialising in supplying safety products, equipment and corporate apparel.
Safety and Apparel accepts responsibility for the harmful effects its operations have on both the local and global environment and is committed to reducing them and protecting New Zealand's environment. In meeting this commitment Safety and Apparel will conduct all activities with a high standard of care this involves maximising the reduction of waste and the prevention of pollution.
Safety and Apparel is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities and the environment and providing a safe and healthy environment for all personnel, contractors, sub-contractors and visitors to the company's sites. This policy is supported by the management and is communicated as appropriately to our employees, all our stakeholders, visitors and people working on our premises.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Meeting compliance requirements with all applicable legislation and regulations that apply to our company
- Adhere to all relevant other requirements including, but not limited to, industry codes of practice, AS/NZ national standards or equivalent and guidelines
- Monitoring and reviewing objectives and targets to continually improve and review our environmental performance
- Reduce consumption of natural resources by efficient use of water, energy and other natural resources.
- The segregation and disposal of waste in a responsible manner and where possible reduce waste going directly to landfill through the use of waste reduction programs
- Investigate waste reduction at the source (our suppliers) to further reduce waste products entering our business
- Assess, implement, review and document an effective Environmental Management System
- Provide training for our employees to ensure they have appropriate knowledge on how to reudce their and our impact on the environment
- Offering a range of environmentally certified products for our customers
- Make purchasing decisions in line with our commitment to reduce our environmental impact and to ensure continual improvement.
- Support injured staff to return to work safetly
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including at least the annual review of policies and procedures.
Endorsed by Brendan & Mike Beadle Dated 10/11/2016