Safety and Apparel Ltd accepts responsibility for the environmental footprint its operations have on both the local and global environment. This means we regularly audit our business operations, our supply chain, and our products, taking full responsibility for the entire life cycle of those products and examining our use of resources at each of our distribution centres. In meeting this commitment, Safety and Apparel Ltd will conduct all activities with a high standard of care.
Our Environmental Policy is supported by the Directors and the Management Team and is communicated to all employees, stakeholders, and visitors.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Meeting compliance requirements with all applicable legislation and regulations that apply to our company
- Adhere to all relevant other requirements including, but not limited to, industry codes of practice, AS/NZS national standards or equivalent and guidelines
- Monitoring and reviewing objectives and targets to continually improve and review our environmental performance
- Reduce consumption of natural resources by efficient use of water, energy and other natural resources.
- o The segregation and disposal of waste in a responsible manner and where possible reducing waste going directly into landfill by using waste reduction programs
- Investigate waste reduction at the source (our suppliers) to further reduce waste products entering our business
- Assess, implement, review and document an effective Environmental Management System
- Provide training for our employees to ensure they have appropriate knowledge on how to reduce their and our impact on the environment
- Offering a range of environmentally certified products for our customers
- Make purchasing decisions in line with our commitment to reduce our environmental impact and to ensure continual improvement.
- Support injured staff to return to work safely
- Promote a system of continuous improvement, including at least the annual review of policies and procedures.